Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesPet ShopRegisterLog in

Blazey's Game Reviews -- Week 0.5 -- Day 1 -- Nintendo in General

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Blazeth
Small Fry
Small Fry
Blazeth

UT : Just another wolf in the

Blazey's Game Reviews -- Week 0.5 -- Day 1 -- Nintendo in General Empty
PostSubject: Blazey's Game Reviews -- Week 0.5 -- Day 1 -- Nintendo in General   Blazey's Game Reviews -- Week 0.5 -- Day 1 -- Nintendo in General I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 11:02 pm

Nintendo!
It's 1889, Nintendo is coming to life.
Now I can bet just about everyone, including myself didn't know that Nintendo was originally a card game, lasting for about 70 years in Japan. The game was called "Hanafuda," which I guess must of been pretty successful, I mean it funded for Nintendo's future products. Anyway, that was just a quick history lesson. They did some more stuff within the time between the card game no longer being branded and the electronic era of Nintendo starting in 1974, but I'm not going into details on that.

After that, Nintendo did what Nintendo did, there's not much too it. Any gamer out there would be a liar to say that some of the earliest games like "Super Mario Bros," "Tetris," and "The Legend of Zelda" weren't great games, at least at the time. (Don't get me wrong, I still think they're GREAT games)

So then the Sega Genesis game along, and well it had 16-bit graphics, something that the Nintendo Entertainment System didn't have.

What was Nintendo going to do?

Well of course make another console, which I think is one of the best all time, the Super Nintendo Entertainment System, or the SNES.

The 16-bit SNES had some great games. Super Mario World 1 & 2, "The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past," Donkey Kong Country 1, 2, 3, "Super Metroid," "Star Fox," (Click for epicness) "Chrono Trigger..." The list just goes on and on.

Anyway, you get the idea, the Super Nintendo was EPIC.

Anyway, moving on, the Nintendo 64. (N64)

Once again, a great game lineup. Before I get to that though, I'd like to say that this was an amazing step into the future. Mostly because of the great 3D games. They seemed amazing at the time. Some games seemed flawless, but of course some didn't. I didn't mention this with the earlier ones because that seemed bit unfair almost since they were just trying new things. Anyway, one flaw was in some games 3D and gameplay were amazing together and in some, well, not so much.

Anyway, onto some great top-selling N64 games... "Super Mario 64," "Mario Kart 64," "The Legend of Zelda: Orcania of Time," "Star Fox 64," Mario Party 1-3, and of course "Super Smash Bros."

I saved the 'battle of the stars' for last because this is without a doubt my favorite gaming series of all-time. I'd definitely recommend any of the games, although I think Melee is the best. :3

Moving on.
Well, really, moving back.

It'd be a crime not to mention Nintendo's first hand-held gaming systems.

The Gameboy.
Not much to say. Except that I'd recommend the Gameboy Color over this.

But to be fair, it was made in 1989, so it was pretty good back then, since portable gaming consoles were kind of unheard of. As a side note, it was a big thing for Nintendo.

Top games: "Pokemon Red, Blue, Green," "Tetris," Other Pokemon games, Super Mario Land 1 & 2, "Dr. Mario," A LOT of Zelda games, "Kirby Dream Land."

The Gameboy color was practically the same thing, in color.

Moving on, oh god, this.
The Virtual Boy.

It was a 'portable' gaming console in all red for Nintendo.

It sucked, I mean, I don't know of anyone who could say it didn't suck.

It had like 15 games, I think...

I know it's my opinion and all, but there WERE no good games on the console.

Now that that's over,
The Nintendo Gamecube

It was the system I've played the most.

I'll tell you that this may be the one I say the most about.
I'll just say this: my 3 favorite games back when I was a kid were:
"Super Smash Bros. Melee" - I couldn't stop playing when I was a kid. I loved beating the crap out of Jigglypuff and some others. Great game. Great fun with friends. Even great fun by yourself. Besides that, it's fun to get on nowadays and play as Roy and Dr. Mario like you used to be able too. :3

"The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker" - I know many didn't like it, the same with the one below, but I really enjoyed it. I thought the fun cartoony style made the game that more enjoyable. Don't get me wrong though, the other more, well, mature Zelda games are great too.

"Super Mario Sunshine" - You know, I really still haven't found out what people hate so much about this game. Sure, it wasn't near as memorable as Super Mario 64, sure it was nothing like any other Mario game anyone has saw, and sure, it was based around using a water spout thing to help you. But I thought it was a nice twist on Mario and very creative.

Anyway, some other great games: "Mario Kart: Double Dash!!," "Pikmin," "Luigi's Mansion," and of course, "Star Fox Adventures." (I'm kidding geesh)

Gameboy Advance and DS aren't going to be explained. Mostly because I don't know what to say about them, besides the DS was super-risky and was also super-innovative.

The Wii & Wii U are both very innovative.

Some notable games from Wii and Wii U [so far].
"Wii Sports," "Super Smash Bros. Brawl," "Mario Kart Wii," "Super Mario Galaxy [2]," "New Super Mario Bros. Wii U," "ZombiU," and "Nintendo Land."

That's all there is to it.

Oh yeah, I should mention the 3ds and Wii U will have the New Smash Bros. on it. Expect a review on that some time in the distant future.
--------------------------------------------------
Okay, that was just a 'brief history' of Nintendo, though I got a little carried away. :3

So here is the actual review. (Oh, and BTW once I get to the actual real reviews of games (past week 0.5) It won't really have much of a history.)

Now it is really hard to review a gaming company.

But let's see how this is:

Games' Quality Overall
I wish I could give this a 9 out of 10. But from one side you got the, I want to say, 10 out of 10's, like Super Mario Bros. (I mean it would almost be disgraceful for anything lower than a 10, right?) But you also have some bumps in the road. A huge one was the Virtual Boy. Every game on there sucked [at least in my opinion]. You also have games like "Star Fox Adventures" .... Oh god why Nintendo. I mean the game actually isn't that bad, but it shouldn't be a Star Fox game. It's a disgrace to the series and kind of killed it.

7 out of 10

Nintendo's Life Expectancy
This is probably an under-estimate, but it's staying on the safe side.

At least another 30 years

I really just don't know what else there is to put.

So I'll go out with this:

Nintendo is a great company. They have great third-party companies working with them. They have the best games ever made arguably. They have great series' like Zelda games, Mario games, Fox games...most of the time, C.Falcon games. They are the most notable gaming company and make many great games.

I'd definitely recommend Nintendo's consoles over any other consoles.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm not entirely sure if this is exactly how it will work but I think this is what the reviews will be like (after week 0.5)
But here's a lineup for the first two weeks:
Sunday - none (For this week only there will be one, just a mystery Winking smile)
Monday - NES/SNES
Tuesday - Nintendo 64
Wednesday - Nothing/Special Reviews (maybe a Virtual Boy or PC game review, or something else)
Thursday - GameCube
Friday - Wii/Wii U
Saturday - none

Sunday - none
Monday - SNES/Genesis
Tuesday - Gameboy/Gameboy Advance
Wednesday - Same as above
Thursday - DS/3DS/PSP/Vita
Friday - Xbox/Xbox 360/Playstation 1, 2, 3
Saturday - none
By the way, this may not be exactly how it goes, but I'll do my best.

Also, for the rest of this week, there will be no more reviews.
I have basketball games on Thursday-Saturday.

On a side note, when basketball is over, there will be more reviews. When school's out, even more. Prepare to be reviewified. (wat)

Last edited by Blazeth on Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lucas
Head Admin
Head Admin
Lucas

UT : King BlueBird

PostSubject: Re: Blazey's Game Reviews -- Week 0.5 -- Day 1 -- Nintendo in General   Blazey's Game Reviews -- Week 0.5 -- Day 1 -- Nintendo in General I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 6:52 pm

Awesome! Can't wait for more of these Smile
I have a Wii U, so if there is anything you need to know, just ask (incase you don't have one).
Back to top Go down
Blazeth
Small Fry
Small Fry
Blazeth

UT : Just another wolf in the

PostSubject: Re: Blazey's Game Reviews -- Week 0.5 -- Day 1 -- Nintendo in General   Blazey's Game Reviews -- Week 0.5 -- Day 1 -- Nintendo in General I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 7:17 pm

Lucas wrote:
Awesome! Can't wait for more of these Smile
I have a Wii U, so if there is anything you need to know, just ask (incase you don't have one).

I don't.

I've also never played an NES game on an NES.

I can probably do without some help.

Thanks for the help anyway.

Also, I got a special edition of reviews for Week 3 planned. :3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blazey's Game Reviews -- Week 0.5 -- Day 1 -- Nintendo in General   Blazey's Game Reviews -- Week 0.5 -- Day 1 -- Nintendo in General I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blazey's Game Reviews -- Week 0.5 -- Day 1 -- Nintendo in General
Page 1 of 1